Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Got the sexual frustration..."

Before you start nodding sagely the title is a song lyric from a fantastically cool band called Arcaica - punk rock to the extreme (the song is called sex on a hot tin roof and is worth a listen). No I am one of those apparently weird breed of men (and probably women too) who don't simply live for sex - it's so boring how the topic of conversation in a group of men always ends up on that topic.... ANYWAY...

My own oddities aside I just read a really funny sex related group on Facebook. Te group was something like "Top things men should not do in bed to women". Some of the stuff was pretty funny and scarily true (considering it was written by a teenage girl who - lets face it - was mostly making it up). That sentence was ever so slightly pretentious considering I am only 2 years senior but ah well :). Regardless the funniest bit was one guys response - to post a list for women to consider. It was very tongue in cheek and highly rude dealing with threesomes, anal and hand jobs - you get the picture (some good tips there as well though girls ;)).

The interesting thing was actually the responses. Ranging from outraged women, through outraged blokes (at the women), some guys with posts like 'yeh suck my dick bitch' and the level headed sensible people who realised it was a joke. The really interesting one was a girl who made the point "all you girlies outraged at the idea of anal first should try it and then stop pretending you represent the whole female sect". Its a fair point (a similar one was made by a guy soon after) and one that shows up alot about peoples image of sex. The poster of that last message seemed a very sexually open person and talked about exploring new things - she seemed a rarity in the entire thread, the women defaulted to "ugh" and the men to the nodding "uh huh.. (but we've never dared try it..)".

Its not just the topic of sex - people have such strict boundaries regarding all sorts of things. And it's really annoying! Going back to sex, people will say hey I hate anal - what they mean is I'm scared of trying it and don't know who I can trust to try it with. Did that kind of attitude invent the light bulb????

Ok so I'm not trying to say lets get back to the hippy idea of free love and stuff like that but why not explore your boundaries rather than just set them! When you reach something you don't like, stop... I mean I've never eaten snake but I'm not going to tell you I don't like it! I don't like the idea but if I get the chance I will try it - I might miss out on something really good otherwise.

Ultimately my point is we have got REALLY boring as people (leaving the sex aside here and looking more generally). Lets stop being prude, uptight, scared and sensible and go mad a bit. I have some friends who go half way there and their the most fun people I know!!! It can't hurt really can it?
Were not monkeys any more.

I'm going to start posting blogs a bit more too (and send the personal stuff to blogger too) seeing as this is getting a bit of interest beyond the occasional good tutorial. So look out for some more regular snippets and personal stuff alongside the usual PHP / deisgn stuff :)

No comments: