I've been away for nearly a week with no internet and it has been HELL :) I got back to a flood of emails from people I forgot to tell I was away... so 80+ of them to go through in a second. Luckily my gaming clan hasn't exploded again in the last week so most of it is mundane business type stuff.
The time away has let me catch up on some reading, which is one good thing I suppose. I've been looking through 2 good references on Javascript and CSS to brush up on my skills. I've also been reading the latest .net magazine.
Which leads me to the crux of this post. The mag runs a regular feature with 3 designers competing to design a website - this week for it was a website for an MP. The thing that got me was that one designer used Myspace. I get his point about it begin such an essential advertising tool nowadays but I disagree it can be a legitimate base for a full website. At the most it is a separate interfacing tool to a different genre of people or at the least a backup web presence.
Regardless I think using it as a base for a site design in a 'competition' can hardly be legitimised! To me it shows a lack of vision and expertise.
However it seems this is the way people are going nowadays - using reams of similar templates and designs to reel out mounds of boring faceless sites.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment