I bought Episode1 on Tuesday FROM A SHOP, seeing as steam only accepts credit cards!! Something that keeps annoying me (If anyone knows where i can buy Darwinia from then tlet me know I will be very happy). So far i have managed to avoid playing on it for very long (a quick half hour when I installed and thats it), seeing as next week I will lose my net connection for 3 months I have been trying to get as many CSS hours in as possible - so I will save it for next week.
First impressions says it's good though. I really like some the opening sequence and the bit where dog practices his shotputting *ahme* well I'll let you find all that out.
Another game I got the other day is Hitman:Blood money - its crud. TYhe other games were good, apart from their clumnky movement and interface the gameplay was good and made up for it. In the latest game we still get the clunky way opf movement and a shoddy game. I may be biased as i have only played the training mission so far but it is way to nit pickerty, and the weapon selection is abysmal (as is the inventory). Its not that they have done it badly just completely different to any other game I have played - and it's hard to get used to.
And the Kata bit? A reference to Equlibrium, Ive watched this a few times now in the last week and all I can say is wow. I love the Matrix but tis is actualy better. Ok so the story drags at times but it doesn't get too holed up in the emotional side, then again it doesn't go too action heavy either. In reality it's as bland and unemotional as it's storyline (about a 1984 style world with peoples emotions suppressed and matrix style gun kata's to control the masses) and yet somehow it works. I think the movie is really made by the excellent acting, I mean when you consider thet Christian Bale went on to make the superb Batman begins you get the idea of the caliberin this.
Most cool of all is the final scene where Christian Bale's hero character confronts 'The Father' in a brilliant hand to hand gun battle - it really is hard to describe how cool that looks till you see it!
My rating: 9.5/10, really worth a watch.
(This post was a day late because I ams a lazy bastard and forgot to hit send, I might post some more later on today but things are busy at the moment, only 3 more days of living Leeds then 3 months back home!)
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment